Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Monday, May 17, 2010

Yoga

This past week at Chagrin Yoga was more relaxed than the week prior. My fellow student project-er from Gilmour ended her project and left me alone. In the second week I moved from mostly observing the power yoga classes to actually taking them. They're actually so difficult. The room typically gets up to ninety degrees with even more humidity. I can confidently say it's the most I've sweat in my entire life in the span of an hour. It's probably because the room is so warm but the classes themselves are very physically demanding. I came into this project completely underestimating yoga and after several classes of Power Vinyasa Yoga I've completely lost any bit of skepticism I had towards it.
Each class of power yoga I head to the back corner to attempt to not embarrass myself in front of too many people. Almost everyday an ex Cleveland Browns football player practices next to me by the name of Elvis. Half way through the second week he finally asked me what I was doing there every day and I explained to him my senior project and he told me how he used to play linebacker for the Browns but still finds yoga to be one of the most mentally and physically demanding things he's done. His wife (who is easily one of the best in the class) laughed at him for struggling sometimes.
I've also continued with the cleaning around the studio. I've cut my mopping time by about three minutes, small accomplishment. Also, the owner of the studio and my sponsor decided she wanted to reorganize the small boutique of yoga clothes outside of the studio. To do this she enlisted my help in moving every single article of clothing and more or less switching to the opposite side of the room. That's about all I'm up to lately at Chagrin Yoga. Hope everyone's projects are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment