Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Stop the Presses!

Hey All,

So this past week I've been helping the designers at Nesnadny and Schwartz redesign their website. This entails editing pictures and formatting them. Also, I got to go to the printer to see one of the Zoo magazines get printed out. Now I heard (because our local printer is quite small compared to others,) that this would be a disappointment. However, for me, it was the coolest thing ever. I took pictures I will post later.

Here's the other cool part: if you find a mistake in your document you can legitimately yell "Stop the presses!" Turns out that expression has a real purpose, a purpose which I intended to take advantage of but didn't because the document looked so legit. Also, they have about 40 different sizes and types of paper at the press. It was crazy. Who knew some paper was made of plastic?

Other Things I've Learned...
If you want to become the favorite intern, bring Mitchell's ice cream to work. This equals instant love.
You can't "rain" one dollar.
If you want to work here, you need to exercise. I'm talking Winking Lizard, Tommy's and Mongolian Barbecue for lunch everyday.

Another funny story:
Turns out Myles Blumenkrant's mom is a client of Nesadney and Schwartz. Now as I am Myles's "mom" (Ellen Krantz + Colin Blumenthal = Myles Blumenkrantz) I met myself. That experience was neat.

K bye.
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment