Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Mayhem


Hello,

For my Senior Project I am working at Pandora. For many people that have asked, this is not the music website, or the home of Avatars, it is the jewelry store.


This week has been absolutely crazy with Mother's Day. On my first day I got right to work by making sure all of the charms were in stock, cleaning, learning prices and shadowing a coworker. Within an hour I had sold my first bracelet and two charms! Each day I have become more and more familiar with what the store has to offer and this is very helpful when people come in asking for a specific charm.


There was always a mad rush in the middle of the day, and everyone was looking for the special mother's charm. However, Pandora does not have a specific charm for Mothers, but I knew of a few charms that were very popular. I guided people towards the 'Everlasting Love' charm- made up of continuous hearts, or to the 'Queen Bee' charm- a little bumble bee with a gold crown, or even 'Red Hot Love'. (I even helped Katie out in picking out two charms for her mom). Yet over these charms, 'The Mother of Pearl' bead was the most popular, which is pictured above. Hope all of the mothers out there will be happy with their new charms and jewelry!


Let's hope this hail stops!

Erica

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming in some afternoon to shop! Well, maybe just browse, but I expect the VIP treatment :)
    SRaB

    ReplyDelete