Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Checking In From Fitness Land

Hey Everybody,
I really am getting shown up by all of you with posting on this thing. But everyone's projects sound so interesting! In my defense, I'm super busy with my own blog (or small novel--whichever you deem to be appropriate) that I'm hard pressed to even keep up with updating that one because it takes me something like 2 hours minimum to complete a post. It's hard to do that and check in over here as well.

I'd like to thank everybody for all of the comments, support, and suggestions. For example, Natalie made a suggestion about trying almond milk instead of my usual 2 percent that I drink every morning. Right now, I'm in the process of looking into the benefits of that and posting it on my blog entry tonight. Last night, I actually posted two things, one post from Friday that I had been sitting on, trying to figure out what I wanted to say about eating disorders, and one post from yesterday. If you have time, try to read them both. The one from yesterday is a good example of my typical post format, and also begins to showcase a very, very interesting book called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. This book is pure magic, and I encourage everyone to look into it. Actually, Brooke Strumbel turned me on to it, and I have found a lot of happiness and success by following its instructions,

The post from Friday is an example of a different format of post. Friday was a pretty ordinary day, so instead of walking readers through the monotony, I instead over-viewed what happened over its course, and then addressed an issue (not in great detail--I could talk for hours about the subject if you let me get going) that I have been wanting to talk about on the blog for a long time: the eating disorder. The thing that I am finding, and that really bothers me about all of these health and wellness books that I am reading is how uneducated most people are about disordered eating. I will say that unless you know someone who has gone through it, or have gone through it yourself, there is no real way to fully understand what it is or how to be sensitive to it. But in a post a while back on my blog, I really took issue with one book called The Diet for Teenagers Only and their complete lack of understanding of what could be triggering (or signal eating disordered thoughts) for some readers. In the post from Friday, I looked at another book's attempt to educate on the issue, and unfortunately, I found the write up very elementary and cliche. I really hope to find more books that actually address the problem in a correct and sensitive manner.

Another thing I have done during the course of this project is given up pop, with the help of one of my trainers, Ann Marie Cipolla (who I absolutely love and really connect with because she is like me in the sense that she is very artistic but also loves workout out and sports.). Not only have I given it up, but the rest of my house hold has as well. Today already, I drank just short of 80 fluid ounces of water. Although I'm peeing like a racehorse, I feel clean, and not bloated or gross. It is amazing to me how one consistency between every book that I have read and every trainer I have talked to is about how horrendous soda is for the body. It is all chemicals. Also, in my study of diet pop and its effects, Doc M came in and corrected some of my statements, giving me a very helpful, chemistry kissed version of what I had been learning. Again, I really appreciate the feedback!

I hope everyone is having an awesome time with their projects. I can't wait to see everyone today!

-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment