Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Monday, May 31, 2010

More Pandora

Hey guys,

I have been a little behind on my blogging, but life has been very busy. My other posts make it seem as though I have only been working with the bracelets, when I have not. The past week, rings and earrings had become very popular. It was great when a customer came in and it turned out she was buying a graduation present for one of my good friends. It is also very exciting that my sponsor was out all week in Atlanta where she has another Pandora store opening up. A lot has been going on these past few weeks and it can be hard to keep up with!

With project almost being over, I have started to look back at my entire experience at Pandora with all of the useful things I learned and the memories. I want to take this blog to write about the most memorable moments from working at Pandora.

First of all, it really shocked me how several people would come in just to have a single bead put onto their bracelet, which takes about five seconds. Although this was not a big deal at all, I was just surprised at how many people wanted this done. I did however like when people would come in with a bunch of beads and ask for help on how to put it together and give it some sort of style. A lot of people like their bracelets to have certain color themes or be very symmetric. I worked with a women who was designing her 4th bracelet which was going to be black and white. My favorite customers were the people who would get so excited about adding a new bead to their bracelets. One lady bought two new beads to add onto her champagne/brown themed bracelet and she was just so excited and showing everyone once I had put the beads on. Another women had come in and loved the turtle bead, then she saw a blue glass bead, then the dolphin and before she knew it she had picked out about ten beads and had created a water themed bracelet. Another memorable bracelet was when a husband had come in and he told me all about his wife and their new condo in Florida. So in honor of the new condo, I helped him design a bracelet for Florida which had the palm trees, sea shell and several blue beads as well. On the same note, some of the husbands and boyfriends that came in were so sweet and always wanted the beads that had meanings and they would pick out such thoughtful gifts.

The hardest part of working with customers was listening to what they wanted and not putting too much of my own taste into something. There were quite a few times when a customer would pick out items that just were not cute. I would try to give my so called professional opinion, but its the customers wants that came first. Pandora has really been a great experience and environment.


Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment