Welcome to our blog, ladies!

Instead of written midterm reports, I would like to see you sharing thoughts, experiences, anecdotes, etc. with the whole group.
Basic requirements will be the following:
  • One post per week minimum about your own project.
  • One contribution/comment about one of your classmate's posts that offers additional insight to their experiences.
  • Your post about your own project is to be a minimum of 200 words.
  • Your comment about another experience should be positive and encouraging.
  • Photos and/or videos are not required, but definitely encouraged. It's nice to have a visual to help the image in our head as we read about your project.

Happy project and happy blogging, ladies. :)

SraB

Monday, May 17, 2010

SHPD

Hey girls,
My second week at the Police Department was just about as exciting as the first week, only this time there were no burglaries or shootings. On Monday Becky and reported to court which explored both drug-related and domestic violence cases. Following the court, Becky and I were privy to a K9 demonstration with the police dogs. I actually put the bite suit on and let the Dar, one of their German Shepards, attack me. Monday afternoon I was able to assist at a 3 car head on collision. It was very interesting to participate in a post-accident routine.
Tuesday I was given an inside look at the Strike Force. The detectives on strike force are undercover police officers who function as both detectives and drug busters.
Wednesday Becky and I were taken to the range where we were able to shoot 40 caliber handguns and MP-5s.
On Thursday Becky and I were able to meet with the Chief and Deputy Chiefs in order to gain a better understanding the organization and management of the police force.
On Friday Becky and I observed one of the companies qualify with different "first responder" weapons. The first responder weapons are bigger guns used by the first officer on the scene. First responders are vitally important because they may be able to quell a situation before the SWAT teams have to be involved. After watching the officers qualify Becky and I got to go back on the range. Again we shot 40 cal Glocks and MP-5s, but on Friday we were also able to shoot military issue M-4s.
I am very excited to hear all sorts of fun stories at our meeting tomorrow!

-Halle

1 comment:

  1. Thats an awesome project Halle! I bet you're learning soo much!! That is really cool that you got the shoot the guns too :P I'm really interested in police and stuff like that.. I think it would be super cool to get a cop's opinion on certain situations.
    I hope you are enjoying it! =]

    ReplyDelete